On April 11 2011, a meeting was held at Winterslow Pavilion, Recreation Ground to discuss the proposals outlined by Savills for a large scale development on the open space next to the village hall.
With overwhelming support from those who attended, a group called WOOD (Winterslow Opposed to Over Development) has been set up to oppose a development on this scale. Volunteers came forward to either set up a committee for the group, or to contribute to the group activities.
At the launch, a number of concerns were raised about Savill's development, including the following:
- the density of housing outlined was very high,
- a development of this size will put pressure on the infrastructure of the village (drains, sewage, water, roads),
- such a development would lead to the loss of Winterslow's rural and village ambiance,
- the scale of the development is out of proportion with a village setting,
- disruption of wildlife in the copse,
- the loss of a village open-space amenity
If you would like to join WOOD, please contact WOOD.